The Dream Year of Culture - Joensuu 2023
The Dream Year of Culture
You can see and hear it, feel and smell it: The culture is everywhere
During the Dream Year of Culture everyone can enjoy culture, tasty Karelian food and merryment all over the city of Joensuu. During the year, you can indulge yourself in the most different experiences, because the dream year is full of free events. You don't always have to seek out culture: you might bump into it in surprising places and situations. The Dream Year of Culture -project supports local actors in the cultural sector and enables inclusive and communal activities for the people of Joensuu - something for everyone!
The program of January 2023
- Pop up exhibition 2.1.–28.2. Metropol shopping center (Torikatu 29): artworks by 22 artists from Joensuu
- The Dream Beanie competition 2.1.–28.2: design and make the beanie of your dreams! More information email@example.com
- At the foot of the peak -business idea competition 2.1.–15.2: more information https://huipunjuurella.fi/en
- Culture Café: Heiduška 4.1. klo 16–18, Museum Onni (Kirkkokatu 23): a concert with a cup of coffee, free entrance, small coffee fee
- The great opening event of the Dream Year of Culture in Joensuu 20.1. at 6–7 p.m. at Botania (Heinäpurontie 70), free entrance to the fabulous winter garden during the opening hours 3–10 p.m.
- Campfire circle of volatile art 21. and 22.1. at 1–3 p.m., Kalmonkatiska hut, Kuhasalo (organized by Karhun Talo)
- Sigh for a moment - relaxing sound journey 22.1 at 3–4 p.m., Mulo hut, Reijola: the hut can accommodate 20 people, so please register in advance: firstname.lastname@example.org (organized by Niina Mönkkönen)
- Art workshop, community artwork Toivo (Hope) 7., 14., 21., and 28.1. 10 a.m.–2 p.m., Atelier of Noora Hattunen´s (Merimiehenkatu 32)
The program of February 2023
- Culture Café: A century of fashion - A view for the 20th century clothing in Finland 1.2. at 4–6 p.m. Museum Onni (Kirkkokatu 23): a cultural event with a cup of coffee, free entrance, small coffee fee (organized by Liperin Elämystapahtumat ry)
- Unis da mierol (In dreams and in foreign countries) -monolog, Timoi Munne 5.2. at 2 p.m. Suojapirtti, Kiihtelysvaara
- Campfire circle of volatile art 5.2. at 3–5 p.m. Kalmonkatiska hut, Kuhasalo (organized by Karhun Talo)
- OFFICE -dance piece, Tanssiteatteri kamala ry, 11.2. at 7 p.m. and 12.2. at 12 p.m. Pakkahuone
- Neighborhood concert serie: Eija Sinikka, Juha Hautaluoma & Mika Tarkkonen band 12.2. at 3 p.m. Villa Koivuranta, Uimaharju and at 6:30 p.m. Louhitalo, Eno
- "Ystävyyden tori" (The market place of fiendship) community artwork, announcement event at the Joensuu market place 14.2. at 11:30 a.m.
- Sigh for a moment - relaxing sound journey 14.2. at 6–7 p.m. Kalmon katiska, Kuhasalo: the hut can accommodate 20 people, so please register in advance: email@example.com (organized by Niina Mönkkönen)
- Dances with Winter, Sanna Hirvonen, 25.2. between 5:10–6:10 p.m. Laulurinne Winterpark, during the sun set. The performance starst every 10 minutes.
- Sound art at Laulurinne Winterpark starting on week 8, (organized by Julius Jämsén)
- Building a snow figure during the weeks 8-10 in cooperation with photo shop Kuvanmaailma and Joensuun Taiteilijaseura ry. More information: www.unelmavuosi.fi/-/unelmien-lumihahmo
- Pop-up exhibition in the end of February at Joensuu Metropol
Throw yourself into a year full of culture!