The Dream Year of Culture - Joensuu 2023
The Dream Year of Culture
You can see and hear it, feel and smell it: The culture is everywhere
During the Dream Year of Culture everyone can enjoy culture, tasty Karelian food and merryment all over the city of Joensuu. During the year, you can indulge yourself in the most different experiences, because the dream year is full of free events. You don't always have to seek out culture: you might bump into it in surprising places and situations. The Dream Year of Culture -project supports local actors in the cultural sector and enables inclusive and communal activities for the people of Joensuu - something for everyone!
The Program of March 2023
- Sound art at Laulurinne Winterpark starting on weeks 9 – 10, (organized by Sähkökehto)
- Unis da mierol (In dreams and in foreign countries) - theater monologue, Timoi Munne on 1.3. at 1 p.m. Othodox congrecation, Kirkkokatu 32, Joensuu
- Culture Café: Time travel to the sound – Niina Annika, Violin men, Jaap Klevering and Julius Jämsén on 1.3. at 4 – 6 p.m. Art museum Onni, Kirkkokatu 23
- A touring band! - Acoustic band by Kylän Elvikset on a tour in the villages on 3.3. at 6 p.m. at Tuupovaara youth center, Routaraja on a stage.
- Dances with the winter: Sanna Hirvonen on 4.3. at 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. and on 11.3. at 5:50-6:50 p.m. Performances on Saturdays at Laulurinne Snow Park at sunset. The performances start approximately every 10 minutes. Pre-registration at https://bit.ly/tansseja-talven-kanssa or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seniors' well-being day on 7.3. from 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Joensuu Urheilutalo, Koskikatu 12.
- Health information package in the form of a light jog - Physiotherapy Sulavi
- Presentation of the Virkee activity – Pohjois Karjalan Martat ry
- Social dancing at 13:00 – 14:30 – Music by Jouni Laasonen & Oscu
Please bring your dancing shoes. You can't wear outdoor shoes in the dance hall.
- Unis da mierol (In dreams and in foreign countries) - theater monologue, Timoi Munne on 12.3. at 3 p.m. Kovero youth club building, Tuupovaara
- Ice & Poems poetry recitation competition in the hole in the ice on 18.3. at 1 – 2 p.m. at Joensuu Jääkarhut, Mäntyniementie 1, Joensuu. More detailed instructions here https://www.unelmavuosi.fi/-/ice-poems-runonlausuntakilpailu-avannossa (also in english).
- Women joining voices: Joensuu Women's Choir, Akanvirta and Sisaruet on 18.3. from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. open rehearsals in the Joensuu Conservatory's small hall and nearby classrooms. Concert on 19.3. at 5 p.m. in the large hall of the Joensuu Conservatory.
- A touring band! - Acoustic band by Kylän Elvikset on a tour in the villages on 24.3. at 6 p.m. at Uimaharju youth center, Routaraja on a stage.
- Building a snow figure during the weeks 9 – 10 in cooperation with photo shop Kuvanmaailma and Joensuun Taiteilijaseura ry. More information: www.unelmavuosi.fi/-/unelmien-lumihahmo (also in english).
The program of April 2023
- Sound and dance fairy tale: Rainbow colored 4.4. at 10:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Nepenmäki library
- Culture Café: Bubbling Swing 5.4. at 4–6 p.m. Taidemuseo Onni, Kirkkokatu 23
- Songs and poems in Kalmo's cottage, Heiduška 6.4. at 6–7 p.m., Kukkosensaari 5b
- Sound and dance fairy tale: Rainbow colored 14.4. at 9:30 a.m. (FULL BOOKED) and 15.4. at 10:30 a.m. Joensuu Main Library, Muikku hall
- Violin men 15.4. at 2 p.m. Tuupovaara Ullako and at 7 p.m. Eno service center, Kunnantie 2
- Sound and dance fairy tale: Rainbow colored 19.4. at 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Karsikko library
- Hurja Halla's April tour:
Uimaharju library 18.4. at 5:30 p.m
Pyhäselkä library 24.4. at 1 p.m
Tuupovaara Ullakko 25.4. at 9 a.m.
Kiihtelysvaara library 26.4. at 5 p.m
Reijola library 27.4. at 5 p.m
The Dream Year of Culture in Joensuu project put the artists of Art Benches through a competition through the Joensuu Artists' Association. These unique and wonderful benches will be available in Ystävyydenpuisto from April for everyone's joy! Petri Halttunen, Niina Mantsinen, Pia Sinkkonen, Anja Turunen and Johanna Turunen are responsible for the design and implementation of the benches.
Throw yourself into a year full of culture!